Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 3 months ago

My daughter is moving weird.?

Yesterday I had an ultrasound and my daughter wasn't moving. Then they did a NST test and she still wasn't moving. So they sent me to the hospital. After drinking lots of fluids and laying on my side they finally got her to move. the lady also said that I was not hydrating a enough. And that she was very squished in my womb. Can dehydration harm my baby? What can I do to make myself drink more water? 

• sarah

Yes, dehydration can harm your baby. Knowing that should be enough to make you want to drink more water (even if it's not something you typically drink). Just keep telling yourself that it'll all be worth it when you have a healthy baby in your arms. Sounds stupid, but that's how I got myself to quit drinking Diet Coke and Coke Zero (they say the aspartame isn't good for pregnant women) while I was pregnant.

Yes, dehydration can severely harm your pregnancy.  You don't want to push water to the point of being sick, but you NEED to be sure you're properly hydrating.  Have a water bottle with ounces marked for each section of the day, and be sure you're keeping up.  You can add flavors, just stay away from sweeteners.  I personally like cucumber and a little grapefruit in mine.  

I'm surprised that with that, your doctor didn't want to do full monitoring overnight, to be honest.  Have you hooked up to an IV for hydration and be sure baby responds.