Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

My Mom made me sit away from the family on Thanksgiving cause she did not want to tick off my sister. How do I avoid this on in the future?

My mother shunned me from everyone cause she said she did not want to make my sister mad. My sister is an adult bully. I was shunned to the corner of the room and the day sucked. I left early.

My mother fears my sister's narcissistic wrath and so that is why she gives her what she demands.

So how do I avoid this in the future? If I leave to make a statement how do I avoid letting it wreck the day? I have no friends around so family is the only option. My sister dislikes me cause I am different.

Favorite Answer

I really feel there is MUCH more to your family dynamics, than what you have written in a 3-4 sentence question/explanation, things are a lot more "grey" than you would like to admit here.

What I will say is you are a grown *** man/woman, you are not a child! If your mother tells to go sit in a corner for a day, you are under zero obligation to follow through, she does not control you, nor does your sister for that matter. 

If it were me? I'd be livid that someone was that condescending to me, I would quietly walk out though, without making a scene. I sure as hell wouldn't stay at a place with people who went out of their way to make me feel unwelcome, then again, I have a lot of self-respect and won't tolerate that kind of abuse.

maybe you shouldnt go if you have to go thru that

I thought you were going to stay away from the party until your sister left.  What happened?

I hear the caribbean is wonderful for singles that time of year, but you probably already have an excuse not to travel too.

Punch your mother in the throat and tell that bítch you will sit wherever the fùck you want to.