promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 3 months ago

What is the point of buying uhd 4k tv when so many channels will simply not send any kind of hd resolution?

It's 2020 and only tiny fraction channels offer hd transmission, let alone uhd. My money appears to have been wasted

Update:

I have subscribed to Netflix and it's much clearer picture there. 

But things like live news, weather, documentaries, etc etc are poor resolution. 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I buy physical discs for movies/ shows I REALLY like

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

I have no idea what services you are using, but essentially every TV channel that anyone would know broadcasts/transmits in HD. I would agree that 4K may be limited, but to say that HD is only on a tiny fraction of channels is simply wrong.

• 3 months ago

Well if you only use your traditional TV service and they don't offer/have UHD channels, then you won't get 4K service. But as you should be aware, there are movies in 4K that you can buy as long as you have a compatible Blu-Ray player to display in 4K resolution. You're not just limited to what your TV provider offers.

• 3 months ago

Get a UHD disk player if you want to see what that TV can do.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • P
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

It's 2020 most people have a Roku or Apple TV setup where they do the majority of their tv watching.  The majority of content (including the free content) is in at least full HD on those devices.  If you don't watch tv like most people then perhaps you have wasted a little money.  Regardless, considering how cheap 4k tv's are at least you have the option to switch to a better viewing experience if you want to join the rest of us.  

• DCM5150
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

"most people have a Roku or Apple TV" - simply wrong. While Roku is certainly the largest streaming service, they don't have anywhere near 50% of the households even if you add in Apple

• 3 months ago

Buy an Xbox one x.

• Rick
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

just read an article that said don't get an 8K TV, as the 4K will do 'bout the same.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

It’s worth it just for the streaming services alone... and the Nat Geo channel... so pretty

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.