Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 month ago

POLL...In the year 2020 should I disown my sister since I dislike her and she is cruel (and dislikes me). Or do I still consider her family?

I know it is 2020 now so I mean this year

• Favorite Answer

That's solely up to you. Personally I know how it is to have other family members not like you for who knows whatever reason, but you should still consider them as family.

If anything, family from far away if need be.

She's still family. Don't cut ties entirely.

• Kathy

Do not disown her, just avoid her.

You know something. I used to say the very same thing about my older brother. Up until the day HE was MURDERED by a drunk driver. That was in 1980 and I think about him every single day. And wish I had 1 more hour with him so I can apologize.

• polly

You shouldn't feel guilty about severing ties with a family member if she's toxic & harmful to you.

Too many people accept it & put up with abuse from family members out of misplaced loyalty to them.

• Lee

There's no point in "disowning" her actually. Simply ignoring her would require much less effort from you.