promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Should pastors of 501(C)(3) Christian Churches support President Trump???

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Read Matthew chapter 6 verse 9 and 10 Jesus reminds us to pray for God's kingdom to come and his will to be done in heaven also upon the earth. Therefore, by staying neutral we show ourselves solely supporters of God's kingdom. That is why in the scriptures when they went to make Jesus king he said that he was no part of the world. John 17:14

• 2 months ago

Uhm....tax exempt churches should stay the heck out of politics entirely. That's why we make them tax exempt. When a church stops being politically neutral, they are risking revocation of that exempt status.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

All Christian churches are 501(C)(3). It is illegal for them to be political from the pulpit. If they do, their church has liability to lose its 501(C)(3). Frankly, I can't see how it would matter if they'd lose their 501(C)(3) if they handle their money right. They just couldn't have a fund balance.

• David
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I think it's up to individuals whether to support President Trump or not. Personally, I believe we are to support whatever leader we have in prayer. So I have been praying for our president since he was elected. May God move on his heart.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

If they want to do so: yes.

Otherwise: no.

• Bill B
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

No but largely because I cannot see how ANY Christian could support President Trump. 

He is anything but Christ-like. 

• 2 months ago

We are Supposed to by praying for him and his Government to keep their jobs & pray for the Senate to keep their jobs! Pray for the House of Representatives to keep their jobs pray for Jerusalem the Jewish community, and Gods people are the Israel living of Jewish people. 

• 2 months ago

Only if they pursue worldly gains without any restraint by a higher power. And are white.

• 2 months ago

No priest, pastor or minister should use his pulpit to promote any politician. Period.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If they believe he is the best person for job why shouldn't they?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.