Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 2 months ago

When can I change a new cartilage piercing? And when can I sleep without it?

I just learnt from searching online it take’s up to 6 months for the cartilage earring to fully heal. My question is will it be safe to sleep without it sooner than that? Also when it fully heals will it stay open like a lobe piercing or is there still a chance it will close up? When I got it I never knew the healing process took that long, I thought I would be able to choose when to wear them or not after like a month. If anybody is certain about the time I could change them, sleep  without them, and if it will close after it is fully healed, please lmk. Thank you

Favorite Answer

I would wait the full 6 months of healing before you change out the piercing to help prevent scar tissue and other damage. I personally wouldn’t sleep without the jewellery in as I find my cartilage piercing (even ones I’ve had for years) start closing up very quickly, it is still possible for a fully healed piercing to close up if jewellery is left out for too long 

You cannot remove it or change it until it's fully healed - ie after 6 months

So you cannot sleep without the jewellery in until fully healed.

yes...that is true..............