what are the best egg recipes?

Omelette which has many variations, a chees omelette, a Western Omelette, and just about anything you want to fold into it. A delicious recipe but the sauce is tricky is Eggs Benedict. Deviled eggs are a favorite at picnics. I like to fry them sunny side up in an iron skillet and cover the pan so they steam and have an almost coddled quality to them and serve with found potatoes pan fried and a meat or poultry of your choice such as sausage or turkey sausage. Scrambled eggs are very tasty. And hard boiled eggs can be used in salads or in potato salad or you can just make an egg salad from them. ,

• This is my favorite...

Mushroom and Three-Cheese Strata (makes a BIG pan of food - easily feeds 8) I've never had a brunch without it ;) If you check the epicurious link - their picture is NOT of this dish - go figure.

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter

1 pound fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, caps sliced

8 cups (packed) 1-inch pieces white bread (about 12 slices)

2 1/4 cups whole milk

1 1/2 cups half and half

5 large eggs

3/4 cup chopped fresh chives or green onion tops

2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme

3 garlic cloves, chopped

1 1/2 teaspoons salt

3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

9 ounces soft fresh goat cheese (such as Montrachet), crumbled (about 2 1/2 cups)

1 1/2 cups (packed) grated Parmesan cheese (about 4 ounces)

1 cup (packed) grated Fontina cheese (about 4 ounces)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté until tender, about 8 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cool.

Combine bread and milk in large bowl. Let stand until milk is absorbed, about 15 minutes.

Whisk half and half and next 6 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Stir in goat cheese.

Place half of bread mixture in single layer in prepared glass baking dish (bread will not cover bottom of baking dish). Top with half each of mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, Fontina cheese, and half and half mixture. Repeat layering with remaining bread, mushrooms, Parmesan and Fontina cheeses, and half and half mixture. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)

Bake strata uncovered until firm in center, puffed and golden, about 1 hour.

• geezer

I swear .. these are delicious !

Fry an egg ''sunny side up'' so that the white is set but the yoke is still runny.

Let it get cold again .

and then, holding it gently by one edge, dip it in batter

and then deep fry it, until the batter is cooked.

• Cara

I love eggs, and my favourite (but most trouble and time-consuming) is a cheese soufflé, with or without ham, and there are many variations. There's nothing difficult about making a soufflé - but the timing is important, and your guests have to be ready and hungry, waiting at the table, when you take it out of the oven.

I'm a big fan of eggs scrambled in melted butter.

Plain, simple, very easy to make and delicious.

If you want to get a little fancy, then omelettes are my next "level". Example:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/229780/baked-den...

Then, I suppose, casseroles and quiches

https://www.allrecipes.com/search/results/?ingIncl...

For example Ham and Eggs. See more below

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ham_and_eggs