Anonymous

Is every cosmetology school like this?

I am currently enrolled in cosmetology school. I’ve been there for about 3-4 months and I haven’t learned anything besides the state board heads. Haven’t even touched on anything else unless it’s strictly book work. There is no diversity in the clients that come to our school, so we don’t get really any experience in cutting or coloring. Our product and kits are also extremely cheap. The school is also beyond unorganized and they don’t seem to have any consistency in how the school runs.  I’ve been really tempted to transfer, but I’m worried I’m just getting my hopes up for another school to be better and I’m really just disappointed in how cosmetology school really is. Should I transfer to another school or is every school like this?

Start looking into other schools. Ask if you can visit classmates while school is in session. Ask about the products they use and the customers they see. Now that you've seen how a bad school is run, you should be able to recognize a good cosmetology school. https://vicibeautyschool.com/blog/vici-beauty-scho...

• DON W

Sounds like you are enrolled at a for-profit school, most of which have poor reputations.  Did you look to see if your local community college offers a cosmetology program (many of them do).  At a public community college, it's more likely that the program will be well-run (they are answerable to the state government).  

You needed to do your homework before signing up for this school. Do your internet research, google-search the school, reviews, ratings. Transfer? Highly unlikely. You start over elsewhere - AFTER you do your proper homework to find a reputable, respected school.