Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 month ago

Do vegans still eat sugary and processed food? ?

Since they’re all about health. Why do they make vegan cupcakes and other sugar food which can cause diabetes and weight gain? 

• Louis
    Favorite Answer

Vegans aren't "all about health". The vegan lifestyle is about ethics: Not exploiting animals. 

Similar to the "Vegan Diet" is the Whole Foods Plant-Based Diet. the people who follow that diet are all about health. And many vegans follow the guidelines for that diet as well. The main difference between a vegan diet and a WFPB diet is that the WFPB diet also excludes or minimizes highly refined and processed foods. Which includes sugary foods and oils. 

a "regular" vegan can eat all kinds of junk as long as it doesn't contain animal products. 

A WFPB diet can include some meat, eggs, and dairy but eliminates or reduces processed foods. 

A person can combine a vegan and a WHPB diet by not eating any animal products AND processed foods. 

People who follow vegan diets vary a lot. Some eat all kinds of junk food, others don't. 

It's about not eating animal products. It doesn't necessarily mean observing a healthy diet. 

Yeah just try quorn

It differs from person to person.

Personally, I don't eat processed food at all and sugary food very rarely.

Many people eat a plant-based diet for health reasons.  Veganism is a philosophy and lifestyle that encompasses more than simply eating habits.  Veganism is about ethics, not health.

"Do vegans still eat sugary and processed food?"

Yes vegans still eat sugary and processed foods.

However sugar does NOT cause diabetes. This is a fact that medical science disproved, somewhere in either the late 1980's or early 1990's at the very latest. However apparently institutions such as Mayo Clinic, John's Hopkins Hospital, the Cleveland Clinic, the National Institute of Health, the CDC, the Linus Pauling Institute of Oregon State, Ohio State University, the University of Michigan, the University of Maryland, the Harvard School of Medicine, are completely wrong.I've lived with low blood sugar for a very long time now (from childhood as I was born with it), and I'm now in the process of it reversing, and turning into type two diabetes due to age. I knew the odds of that reversal, were somewhere around ninety five percent, if I lived long enough. So I've spent many years keeping up with, and reading scientific research papers on both sugar issues, as well as diet. Fortunately when I met my late girlfriend, I didn't have to adapt my diet any for her, nor did she since we both followed the same exact diet.

Those like myself that were either born with, or developed a sugar issue, find people like you who make such claims, to either be uneducated on the matter, or refuses to accept what science has found. Many older adults whose weight is, and has been well within the healthy range, somewhere after fifty, and more commonly sixties or seventies, start to develop type two diabetes, even if they followed a healthy diet, all their live's.

Some are vegan for health reasons, but that's not the only reason. There are plenty of fat and unhealthy vegans and vegetarians.