Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 2 months ago

Got sick two weeks ago haven't been the same since..?

So I got sick almost a couple weeks ago, my whole family had it. The sickness lasted probably about 3 days or so but I have symptoms that linger. I've been super exhausted and tired also i get very nauseous and my stomach starts to hurt (seems to be only on the left side of stomach) I'm not sure why I still feel like this. I went to the ER about a week ago because I felt so weak and they said I was most likely just dehydrated from being sick. The symptoms are weird because they just come out of no where. I'll think I'm finally over it and then they're back. Also I thought I've been having blurred vision but I think my eyes are just unusually watery, I've also had trouble sleeping which Is why I think i might be so tired. I'm 24 and for the most part I'm healthy. What is going on?

• ?

Sometimes these things  correct themselves. Giving medication is fruitless. Just let it play itself out. Eat right not too much and keep clean and warm.

Sounds like something that happened to me. I got food poisoning and threw up everything I had in my stomach. After that, I just wasnt right. My stomach would get upset every time I ate, blurry vision, light headed, trouble sleeping and just utter exhaustion. Turned out it was my thyroid. It was wayyy too low because the sickness made me throw up everything in my stomach so it had no nutrients to go off of. I took some thyroid meds and everything went away. I'm not saying you have a thyroid problem, (men and women can have this issue) but you can do 1 of 2 things. 1) ask your doctor for a blood work up to see if any of your levels are low or 2) go on a juicing diet. Juice, juice juice. LOADS of veggies and fruits for 3 days. Because it isn't solid food, your stomach should handle it and because you're throwing your body TONS of nutrients, you're probably replenishing what you depleted from being sick. That should sort out any possibility of any levels being low. Make sure you google recipes to get a good range of vitamins and minerals. It really makes a world of difference.  If you don't have a juicer and just a blender, head to your freezer isle in your grocery store and look for packaged blend for smoothies. They have different kinds like spinach, apple, kale, pear + yogurt. All you do is mix it up with either fruit juice or water.

• KittenLittle

Absolutely, I was actually walking down the hall and had to grip the counter because the room started to spin.

The symptoms take a while to wear off. If it persists for a month since you initially got sick, see a doctor again. Take care of yourself.

• 2 months agoReport

Thank you! Appriciated!