Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

pH balance is off??!?

Hello I went to the dr for my wellness checkup ,and she everything looked okay expect she told me my pH balance is off like a lot . Anyone know what causes pH imbalance and what can I do to get my pH Balanced?  Also she recommended I buy some at home vaginal and body pH test is there anywhere I can find those ??   No rude comments plz :| 

• Robin

they are avaialble at any pharmacy

Hey there. You can find those products at a grocery store. As far as the reason for your pH balance being off, it can happen randomly or due to hormones. Another reason it can happen is if you douche. That will always throw your pH balance off, so don't ever do that. Lastly, sex or your period can throw it off. Anyway, you will probably want to go ahead and get some lactobacillus supplements. That will help get your pH balance back in order. I hope this helps!

Source(s): I'm a nurse.

I'm surprised your doctor didn't tell you or even GIVE you what you need. Loads of things can cause an imbalance. From your diet, to birth control, unprotected sex, douching, and even periods. Normally your doctor will give you a cream or pill to take depending on which way your PH is off. 2 great ways of getting your PH back to normal that come to mind is 1) probiotics and 2) Yogurt. It will take a few days, but those are definitely a start. If you're having issues with itching or anything else, then I would recommend calling your doctor back and requesting something for the symptoms at least.

Which pH? Vaginal?  Doubt it’s blood as you would be dead.  There are some vaginal ph remedies but we would need more info, like pH too acidic or alkaline and where. You doc should have suggested some remedies.