Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Love of my life but not the best choice?

Im in love with this guy but honestly he's a total loser. Sells weed, unemployed.. lives with his mom, rents his sisters house. Im employed, but separated but still live in aseparate bedroom in the house wuth my separated husband. We both own the house. Id lije to keep my house but my soon to be ex has no where to go. My boyfriend is renting a house from his sister..not in his name..but its really far from the job i have and love. I do love my boyfriend  but he has PTSD and i would be lifting his life up with my alimony and money. What do I do? 

Sorry for the misspellings. Typing too fast.

Favorite Answer

Find an equal or better to love. Women who marry "up", are, in my experience, the most happy.

I'd have to agree with you that your boyfriend sounds like a total loser. Unless you want to lower yourself to his standards, I'd suggest dropping him at this time. Why lower your values?

It seldom works out well when you have to rescue a man from his own bad choices.

Your boyfriend has PTSD and a number of other problems. What he needs right now isn't a girlfriend; he needs good mental health treatment. He needs to get healthy before he starts a serious romantic relationship.

Then, if he ever is ready for a serious relationship, it needs to be with a woman who is legally free, not one who is still married. Pursuing a married woman is further proof that his thinking is messed up.

I understand that you love him, but as he is now, he can only drag you down with him.

• Foofa

Doesn't sound like you're divorced yet so it's not like to have to make some immediate decision on whether to marry this guy or not. So you might give him some prodding to get a real job if he can (although if he's on disability payments for the PTSD he may not be willing to do that and give up his benefits). Between now and the time you'd be free to rally pursue a relationship he might be willing to try to get his act together. But if he can't and you're not willing to be the primary breadwinner this isn't the man for you.

• RP

It depends on whether you feel he can be a good partner or whether you will find yourself in the role of a social worker. If the latter, avoid him. If not, go for it.

• funny

See beauty in crooked road !

• David

So let's get this straight...

YOU are living with your HUSBAND

and your boyfriend is living with his MOM???

(facepalm)

Dear, both of you are nowhere near ready to start dating, yet.  Note I said "dating", I didn't mention the word "marriage".