Was majoring in digital filmmaking the right choice for me?

I recently graduated from community college majoring in digital filmmaking but I'm not interested in being a filmmaker. I want to do video editing as a career. I told this to someone I was talking to online recently and they asked why I majored in digital filmmaking then. Did I make the right choice?

If you want to be a video editor, of course you need training in video editing, not digital filmmaking. Did you check out the curriculum before you started the program? Or did you change your mind about what you wanted to do after starting (or completing) the program?

• Justin1 month agoReport

I knew before I started college that I wanted to be a video editor. There was also a tv and radio broadcasting major, but I thought that the digital filmmaking one was better for me.

If you wanna be unemployed, go ahead.

That doesn't sound like the smartest career move, but I'll be very happy for you if you prove me wrong.