Sara asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Need help with appetite suppression!!!?

I’ve started working out daily and generally have increased my activity dramatically. I’m also doing the 16:8 fasting method and trying to eat well. But my biggest struggle is nighttime snacking and sugar/junk in general. I have a hard time saying no. Any effective appetite suppressants to help? Caffeine doesn’t work for me that way and I can’t take it at night, so that’s out. I am willing to try anything! I just don’t want to be constantly tempted and I need help saying no. If I just didn’t have an appetite, it’d help so much!!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Most appetite suppressants are a form of speed (there are a lot of different kinds of speed).  I wouldn't recommend going down that road.  You just have to train your mind to be at ease with being hungry.  It's not as impossible as it sounds.  Drink water.  

I also do intermittent fasting and the most important thing that I have learned from that is that hunger isn't linear.  What that means is that when hunger hits it feels like it is going to keep on accelerating until it drives you crazy but in reality hunger pangs come and go, you just have to be patient and wait until they go away.  And drink some water.  Just plain water, nothing else.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Graze. Meaning small healthy low-cal snacks through the day to keep yourself from getting hungry. Or what a friend of mine once did was bought a big bulk of these spicy hot candies after she had foot surgery. She would eat one and the hot spice would take her mind off of cravings.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Don't keep things you don't want to eat in the house. Cant snack on junk if you didn't buy any. Its easy to say no in the store. Its hard to say no if its at home and a craving hits you. 

• 1 month ago

Drink lots of water

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Andy C
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Well, you have received some truly horrible advice.   It doesn't matter as you have clearly made up your mind on the correct method for weight loss. 

I'm just an internet dude that you don't know or care about.   Just a dude who happens to know the psychology,  physiology and biochemistry behind real fat loss,  but you don't need my advice. 

Sometimes you have to fail in order to learn.   The cure for obesity and so much more is below after you feel like you didn't do the fasting thing  correctly or some crap.

I don't anticipate that you will save this. 

Source(s): "Fat Chance..." and "The Hacking of the American Mind." by Dr. Robert Lustig M.D, M.S.A
    • megalomaniac
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

You should really put your biases aside and look into intermittent fasting with an open mind.

• 1 month ago

I first did intermittent snacking about 12 years ago, doing a 20/4 schedule. I timed my 4 hour eating window in the evening. Having some healthy fats at the end of the window helped me, like a handful of walnuts.

Last time I checked the research, the healthiest method is to do a total fast (24-32 hours long) 2-3 times a week. In animal studies, it granted the lifespan extension as well as the other health benefits (reduced rush of hypertension, cardiac issues, cancer, and diabetes)

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Your appetite will actually suppress itself if you stop stuffing your face. Constantly eating sugar makes you crave more sugar. There's no magic solution. Just stop eating.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.