how do i cover my ATT landline number to my new provider spectrum landline?

i have spectrum and cancelling att tomorrow but i want to keep my original number how do i covert it from att to spectrum?

• ron h

DO NOT CXL THE CURRENT NUMBER IF YOU WANT TO MOVE IT.!!!!!  If you cxl,you can't get the number moved.  You call Spectrum and tell THEM that you want to PORT your number from ATT to them.  The change must be done by the new company.  When spectrum takes the number from ATT, ATT will close that account.   IF THERE'S  a early term penalty with ATT, ATT will bill you for it.

The term is porting. You want to port your number from the old provider which I'm assuming is AT&T. When you go to sign up for service with Spectrum, they should ask if you want a new phone number or transfer/port from another provider. You choose the latter option and provide the required info. They may need your AT&T account number and/or PIN. The important thing is to NOT cancel your AT&T service yet until the port is complete. Otherwise, you may end up loosing the number.

If you don't have the information that Spectrum requires, you can always call AT&T and tell them that you're porting out from them and need your account info.

• alex1 month agoReport

thank you so much