Is it rare ? ?

I hear stories all the time of individuals who get the flu and end up passing away from it what are the chances that a healthy fit 26-year-old male would die from the flu do people who die from the flu end up dying because they wait too long to go to the doctor and wait it out if you get the flu and seek immediate care are the chances of you passing away slim to none

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Roddy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Flu (not to be confused with the common cold) is a highly contagious virus. It is also very dangerous and hundreds of people die from it each year.

You need to ensure that you get the annual flu vaccination to protect yourself (and help protect all around you via the 'herd effect').

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

The ones who die in all probability have compromised immune systems where more serious diseases take hold such as pneumonia. It's simply natures way of controlling overpopulation. One great example is the outbreaks of Ebola in Africa. In earlier times, there was the "Black Death" that reduced European populations. In the United States, we now have Fast Food that is killing people due to Obesity. The root cause of many illnesses is being overweight.  

• 1 month ago

i wouldnt worry about it, im a lot older than you and have never gotten the flu in my life, get a flu shot if youre worried about it, and taking vits helps too

• 1 month ago

Influenza, in itself, does not kill people. However, it does weaken the body to become prone to other pulmonary diseases, like pneumonia, which often lead to death.

Generally, a healthy, fit 26 year old male recovers quite easily from even the worst flu.

You don't need a doctor unless the other disease(s) hit you -- rest and plenty of fluid are usually enough to recover.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.