I asked my co-worker if I could put her as a reference for future jobs, she said yes. Now she wants to use my personal laptop?

Is this a fair trade off?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I never allow others to use my computer.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Carmen
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

No anyone can be a reference for a job as long as they know you personally and your work ethic doesn't take a physic or special skills and one good deed has nothing to do with your personal belongings a wise person see danger or red flags and protect themselves from a user or someone not acting like a true friend .

• Thank her for the reference but using your lap top isn't a fair trade off at all. You don't want her getting to your personal information. 

• falcon
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

There is no free lunch some people are too gready...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Co-worers are not good reference sources. An employer or company manger or supervisor is!

• 1 month ago

That happened to me once but the coworker wanted to have sex with me in exchange for the reference. I felt so used. It was bad enough the first time, but she made me do it every time I applied for a new job, which was about twice a week.

• TD  is from someone who left his sense of humour at home.

• 1 month ago

No, it is not. If she insists, tell her no and tell her you won't use her as a reference.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Troll smarter, not harder.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Wants to use it for what, where and for how long?  This doesn't make a lot of sense.  For references, employers generally want former supervisors, not friends/coworkers.

• 1 month ago

it sounds fair to me

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.