Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

how obsessive are you about cleaning scrapes or bites from your pet especially cats? Do you wash your hands every time you pet them? ?

how obsessive are you about cleaning scrapes or bites from your pet especially cats? Do you wash your hands every time you pet them? Have you ever had them get fleas? Was it horrible? Am I wrong to think I can get over my germaphobia and have a pet cat? 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

If any animal bites the wound needs to be cleaned. Probably the same with scratches but I don't. Never had an issue. 

I do not wash my hands after petting them. 

I have had cats all my life and they have never had fleas. They stay indoors so they don't come into contact with fleas. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Yeah you sound pretty messed up. Get into therapy and on meds. A pet is the LAST thing you need!

• Already doing both. You sound messed up too. What are you doing for your personal growth? 

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

My cat doesn't scratch or bite me and no it has never had fleas but if you are a 'germaphobe' and are so concerned about these things before you even have a cat then you should not be getting one, cats are not mental health medication

• 1 month ago

I don't worry about that but my dog slobber on me and I wash my hands after his slobber session

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Trisha
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Report this troll.

• ...Show all comments
    • About 400,000 cat bites occur a year in the United States. And cat bites are more likely to become seriously infected than dog bites. Google it. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.