Side dish for pasta salad?

Making a pasta salad with salmon and asparagus as the main ingredients in the salad. What should I put with it as a side? It's a lowkey lunch with a guest at my home. 

Or offer for drink. No alcohol. Thinking coffee,water, iced tea. 

I'd do it with courses. First a simple green salad or a seafood cocktail, then your main course and a simple dessert (a cookie and ice cream?). Think of your pasta salad as salmon with pasta and asparagus.

It doesn't need a side unless you want more carbs (garlic bread). There's already pasta, veg, and protein in it.

It doesn't need a side. It's a complete meal as it is. What you could do, so it looks better on the plate, is have a couple of things like tomato wedges or slices, or olives, or pickles of some kind, in a separate dish. What would also be nice is something crunchy, like cheese straws or onion rings.

• Jen

That really is a meal in itself. Adding more vegetables to the salad like cherry tomatoes or olives would make it more complete. If I were going to have some kind of side I would go with a fruit salad. Rolls or croissants would be nice too. I would ask the guests what they wanted to drink - iced tea, water or coffee.

That is a meal in itself and needs no side dish so either make a nice dessert or a fruit dish.