Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

How likely is deployment in the Air Force ?

If you are signing a 4 year enlistment in the Air Force and are going to be doing the job 2M0X3 how likely are you to be deployed? And if so how frequently 

• Daniel

I already told you--the odds of deploying in that AFSC are extremely low.  We don't launch Minuteman missiles and orbital rockets from deployed locations.  Global Strike Command considers most of its personnel that directly work with ICBMs to be deployed in place.  

• In

If you are worried about being deployed to an area of conflict either stay out of the military or join the Coast Guard.

• NWIP
      3 weeks agoReport

Actually they can fall under the Department of the Navy. I have friends in the CG who have been stationed in Japan, Korea, Singapore, Australia, Spain, and also deployed to locations in the Persian Gulf, South America and more. 

You can keep trying to figure out where you boyfriend is going to be stationed, if he will get deployed and so forth but you never will. Because NO ONE KNOWS. You can’t predict what will happen next week let alone next year. It depends on if he actually gets through Tech School first. Then it depends on what command he is assigned to. Then it depends if WW3 starts or not.  Some people are in the military over 15 years and never deploy, others are gone months out of every year. Some have constant communication and others nothing for over 90 days. 

I can tell you if you are trying to plan this all out especially the relationship, you will be in for a rude awakening. Military life isn’t for everyone as they can’t handle it.  Spouse side you need to be prepared to pack up and move across the country or even overseas with less than 30 days notice and on your own. If you can’t handle being apart from him then it isn’t going to work. He isn’t going to be able to talk all the time, he will not be able to talk about what he does, he will not be able to be home for all holidays and birthdays, he will not be on a regular 8-5 job, and the list continues. 

• In
      1 month agoReport

Good reality check.

you probably won't deploy

or if you do, it will be as a helper for the army, like doing convoys

You're not going to deploy in that AFSC.

When I was in, it was usually volunteer to go. I only had 2 mandatory deployments in the 4 years I was in, but that was from 93-97, and I am sure things have changed by then.