Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 1 month ago

Have you ever broken a bone? Can you help me?

I'm looking for your story about breaking a bone and getting surgery. This recently happened to me, my ankle broke, with a surgery (orif) when I fell. I am not sure what to expect and am looking for stories, tips, advice. I'm healthy, and have no other medical problems. I'm miserable, bedridden and looking for others who went through this. I hate surgery, I hate the injections of blood thinner, and I'm in a splint still. Don't tell me to ask a nurse or doc or something innane as that. I obviously asked many but they gave me dismissive clinical responses. I'm looking for someone who has personal experience. The broken bone doesn't bother me as much as where I can feel where the incision(s) are from surgery, plus the plate and screws!. I obviously want to heal fast, I'm a woman in my prime, and I can't stand sitting down for more than an hour or two, let alone laying away idle. Please offer a similar story of yours what happened, when you healed, and what were the hard parts; I thank you kindly.

• Mog
    Favorite Answer

I broke a bone in my thumb when I was cleaning up logs after a big storm that knocked a tree down. The doctor said there was nothing he could do for it and that it would heal on its own, and it did. 

ive never broken a bone but ive had hip implants, you can always get a scooter so you dont have to stay in bed all the time, i did that after my hip surgeries

Unfortunately only ever broke knuckles, elbow and ribs . In time they healed but the worse pain was the ribs but had to carry on regardless no pain relief either.