Alexander asked in PetsHorses · 1 month ago

Can a car go in a horse lorry instead of horses? So making a horse lorry into a race truck.?

I have a big three horse slant-load trailer but I don't think it would be wide enough for a regular car because the stall dividers take up space even when open.   Also, the stall dividers do not lock open; they only lock closed.   If one wanted to use it permanently for a car instead of horses, one could see if one could remove the stall dividers. 

In addition, the tack room is triangular at the front to line up with the slant of the first stall.  That reduces depth; one would not be able to put a car all the way to the front of the trailer. 

It would also need a ramp.  My horses just step up and down - no ramp.

1.5 tons (3000 lbs) should be no problem for a 3 horse trailer as horses weigh anywhere from 800-1200 pounds (more for some breeds). 

My trailer is a warmblood size which means it has some extra depth and height.  A car would not need that much height.

Before buying anything, go look at it.   Even if someone tells you the interior dimensions, you can't see how it's configured.   Horse trailers are often outfitted with tie hooks that come out from the walls, mounted feed bins, tack room, water tank, etc. and all of that can eat up space. 

• *****

Depends on the size of the lorry and car, what weight the lorry is rated to carry, and how much the car weighs. 

• Alexander1 month agoReport

7.5ton lorry, 1.5 ton car

Depends. How big is the car and how big is the horse truck? If the car is small enough to fit in then sure. If the car is too big then no.