Lump on right rib cage ?

Hello about a month ago I noticed a lump on my right rib cage. It’s located more towards the side of my stomach it’s soft and seems to be movable, and painless, it’s about an inch and has a sausage shape to it. When I first noticed it I went to the doctor and she felt it and said it feels like a cyst or lipoma, and scheduled me to come back in 3 months to observe it. Usually I get terrible anxiety when it comes to my health so when she seemed okay about it I left not feeling bad. I recently started to get nervous about it and I am going back to the doctor to get a referral for an x-ray, but I still have so much anxiety right now, and I’m hoping anyone can give me some sort of relief or if they have had a similar experience. Also about 2 1/2 weeks before I noticed the lump, I had a minor surgery done on my mouth, but I had to go back in and do it again so for five days my mouth was in so much pain that I was taking quite a few medications that were prescribed to me. They were ibuprofen, acetaminophen codeine (the stronger one) and amoxicillin. I was taking the ibuprofen and the codeine in the same hour because the pain was so intense. I wouldn’t say I was taking an amount that I can OD on, but more than maybe I should have. Could this medication possibly be a reason for this lump? It has changed in size, and it’s right over my rib bone. 

Whatever that lump is, it has nothing to do with the mouth surgery.

• Retief

A cyst is very common, you probably have had a few in your body for years and they never bothered you. Its only when they form on a part we can feel (like the ribs) or the press on a nerve or organ that we notice them.

Painkillers don't cause lumps.

Your medication would not have changed the size of your lump. If you're so anxious that you can't wait three months, make an appointment to see a dermatologist. A dermatologist will be able to tell you whether your lump is the result of a lipoma or a cyst.

• Keith A
      1 month agoReport

....  and be able to deal with it as needed.