Lump on right rib cage ?

Hello about a month ago I noticed a lump on my right rib cage. It’s located more towards the side of my stomach it’s soft and seems to be movable, and painless, it’s about an inch and has a sausage shape to it. When I first noticed it I went to the doctor and she felt it and said it feels like a cyst or lipoma, and scheduled me to come back in 3 months to observe it. Usually I get terrible anxiety when it comes to my health so when she seemed okay about it I left not feeling bad. I recently started to get nervous about it and I am going back to the doctor to get a referral for an x-ray, but I still have so much anxiety right now, and I’m hoping anyone can give me some sort of relief or if they have had a similar experience. Also about 2 1/2 weeks before I noticed the lump, I had a minor surgery done on my mouth, but I had to go back in and do it again so for five days my mouth was in so much pain that I was taking quite a few medications that were prescribed to me. They were ibuprofen, acetaminophen codeine (the stronger one) and amoxicillin. I was taking the ibuprofen and the codeine in the same hour because the pain was so intense. I wouldn’t say I was taking an amount that I can OD on, but more than maybe I should have. Could this medication possibly be a reason for this lump? It has changed in size, and it’s right over my rib bone. 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Whatever that lump is, it has nothing to do with the mouth surgery.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Retief
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A cyst is very common, you probably have had a few in your body for years and they never bothered you. Its only when they form on a part we can feel (like the ribs) or the press on a nerve or organ that we notice them.

Painkillers don't cause lumps.

• 1 month ago

Your medication would not have changed the size of your lump. If you're so anxious that you can't wait three months, make an appointment to see a dermatologist. A dermatologist will be able to tell you whether your lump is the result of a lipoma or a cyst.

• Keith A
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

....  and be able to deal with it as needed.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.