What sort of girls do you picture with these names?

Clara

Polly

Magdalene

Thanks! :)

Clara - I picture a teenage girl who has blonde or brown hair, and she is very bubbly, gentle, and nice.

Polly - A young girl who has light red hair and fair skin, and she's very smart and polite.

Magdalene - A woman who has dark hair, and she's very mature and polite.

• sorcha

Clara - I picture a young girl with blonde long hair in ponytails. Mature and smart, she likes reading and very kind.

Polly - I picture a small red haired girl with freckles- cute and quiet but she likes doing her own thing and sometimes gets up to mischief.

Magdalene - I picture a skinny teenager - a beautiful, darker skinned girl of Hispanic or Southern European origin. She’s serious but fun and very sophisticated.

• Linda

I picture polly as an old lady making gingersnaps

Clara: quiet, intelligent, gentle, likes books and animals, light brown or blonde hair and fine features

Polly: outgoing, sociable, likes to sing and dance, cares a lot about her appearance 

Magdalene: dark haired and striking, doesn’t care what people think, smart but outspoken and has a dark past 

I love the names Clara and Magdalene btw :)

I think of three 12-year old Victorian girls who are very proper, good, and do all of the chores that their parents ask them to do.

• Linda

I like that 

Clara is quiet, industrious, loves entertaining and cooking.

Polly is friendly, enjoys community/church socials and loves to sing.

Magdalene is trendy and business like.

• KatieC

Clara: dark hair, fair skin. Not just booksmart, but also wise..an “old soul.” Not necessarily shy, but one of those people that saves their words for when they count. 

Polly: blonde. Talkative, outgoing, friendly, confident

Magdalene: curly hair. New age hippie kind of person that doesn’t wear a bra. 

Clara: long brown hair, blue eyes. Outgoing and classy. Totally the fun one all the time. 

Polly:the awkward one. Shy and doesn’t care about fashion 

Magdalene: the girl that everyone expects to be perfect . She is far from it but very smart. Keeps to herself  

• Linda

Good

Clara -- Curly hair, weak eyes, thick glasses, bookworm with poor social skills. Prefers her dolls and cat to the company of people.

Polly -- Receding chin, buck teeth, goofy laugh, klutzy and awkward, a follower rather than a leader.

Magdalene -- tall and serious, very religious Catholic, thinking about becoming a nun.

• audrey

Stuffy and old fashioned.

• Murzy

Nerdy girls .