Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceFinancial Aid · 1 month ago

Can a school expel me if I don’t have enough money to pay tuition?

What happens if I am attending college and don’t have enough money to pay the tuition bills and stuff and I am over the semester limit for my financial aid and student loans.

If I keep attending class like normal, what exactly happens? Will I eventualy be told by guards that I am expelled? Will I be physically drug out of the classroom?

I know I might be evicted from the dorms, and they will cut off my dining hall access, what exactly happens in this situation?

Might they change or disable the lock in my dorm room door or block my access card for getting into the dorm building. Then when I go to ask about they will get an eviction notice to me and will they keep my dorm contents to cover any unpaid balance?

Will they tow and repo my car if they find it parked on campus?

Will I lose library priviledges? Will they say I can’t check out books anymore? Will they ban me from the rec center? Will guards remove me from the rec center if I use it if past due on tuition?

Just like anything else you fail to pay for, a school can cut off your student access - from classes, dorms, library, parking, etc.  Seems like you don't like the answers you are getting, but sometimes the truth hurts.

• drip

Usually you need to pay for the semester before it begins. If you were on a monthly payment program and have stopped paying, they can ask you to leave. IF you do finish out the semester your credits and transcripts will not be released until all of the balance has been paid off. 

If you are in the USA (always good to give country and level of education). Second semester just stated. So no payment they will drop you from all classes. You will no longer be an enrolled student and will not have any privileges that a student has.  They will not keep your possessions  for payment.  But you will need to remove them from the dorm room asap. You car will be towed if parked illegally.  Make sure to park it on the visitors parking lot.

Make sure to get it in writing that you are officially dropped from all classes. 

Yes; your enrolment can be with drawn, and you won't be able to access university buildings & facilities

• Laurie

You may as well stop attending because you will not receive credit for the classes. If tuition is not paid in tim, they will disenroll you from the classes - but you will STILL owe the money if you did not drop the classes by the 100% refund date.

• MS

If you can't pay your tuition, then you can't stay at school.  You will be dropped from your classes and they can have you charged for trespassing if they tell you to leave campus and stay out of the classrooms and you don't.  Your student ID will no longer work for building access, meals, library books, etc.  You will be given a deadline by which to move out of the dorm and they will take any measures necessary to make sure that you leave by then.  They will not keep your belongings to pay for your outstanding bills. 

If you know you can't pay, you just withdraw now while it's early in the semester.  Why waste the money by trying to drag things out? 

Disenrolled, Escorted out by security, Yes, yes, You leave, They might, no they will just throw it away, tow yes, impound yes repo no that would be up to your lender, you can still go to the library, yes, yes, only if they know who you are.

You will still be able to attend lectures. You will not be able to sit exams or have assignments marked, so you will not get your degree or other qualification.