2004 BMW X5 3.0 radio problem ?

So I still have the stock stereo in my car. The stereo turns on and shows the stations but there’s no sound. It used to work but one night the radio stopped working. I tried looking for the amp in the back but can’t be found. I also checked fuses but they all still have continuity. Is the amp built into the the stereo unit? 

If its just a standard radio with just single cd slot and small orange screen then the amp is built in. This is common to fail.If its a double size stereo with a large color screen then the amp is in the back on the left side. This one normally suffers water damage due to location and blocked drain holes. 

See if the antenna is stillconnected, or if it got broken off .

• arther

probably if you pull the stereo out and pop 1 speaker out and buzz the wiring you'll work it out pretty quick. Google no help for a factory wiring diagram? I ended up paying the Vacc and capricorn to get access to thier wiring diagrams and manuals