Feeling of something in the back of my throat?

I've been fighting a virus for the past few weeks. My nose is stuffy, I'm sneezing a lot, I have constant post nasal drip, etc. The post nasal drip is making it feel like there is constantly something thick stuck in my throat. I feel like I have to swallow forcefully and/or clear my throat often. The feeling gets worse when I fixate on it but even when I'm not thinking about it, it's always there. I've never had anything like this before and it's driving me nuts. Sometimes it makes me feel like I want to gag but I manage not to. It's causing me a ton of anxiety because I just want it to go away. I went to the doctor about it a few days ago but he didn't seem too concerned, he chalked it up to a virus and said they can take a while to go away sometimes. I'm so paranoid that it's something serious.

• Tavy

I had this virus for 6 weeks in the U.K. the constant nasal drip made me cough.

A pharmacist gave me a steroid nasal spray.

Cured it in 4 days.