How much money does a prearranged funeral cost?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

As much as you decide to spend. You don't get a break on the price. What you get is a locked-in price. You pay now for what you want.  No matter what that costs in the future, it's paid for.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's like asking "how much does a vehicle cost?"  The answer depends on what you want.  A simple cremation is going to be much less than a traditional funeral with an expensive bronze casket and elaborate headstone.  You'll need to define what you want a lot more to get any meaningful estimates.

• 1 month ago

I think the average funeral cost is around 8,000 avg. You would have to research. I posted below that you have a right to buy a casket online and have it delivered overnight and the funeral home has to accept it. Nice one for $1000.00  Funeral homes will get up to 10,000- 15,000 buy selling people all kinds of things. I have a cousin who is retired and i think he owned about 3-4 funeral homes. 

• In
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A direct cremation with no funeral service runs $895 around here.  It is best to arrange your own funeral if you can to help your family avoid emotional overspending.  The blood suckers in the funeral business love to prey on family members in times of need to upgrade the casket, get more flowers, buy a fancier grave marker, upgrade to a burial site with a view, etc...

• Tim1 month agoReport

You are able to go online and buy your own casket at a big discount and they have to accept it. You an get a nice one for 1,000 . Check out caskets online in your state. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • TedEx
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Even if you prepay for funeral, that doesn't mean your plan covers cemetery costs, headstone, etc. Often it does not. Be sure to ask

• Tim1 month agoReport

If person is a veteran they can get a small gravestone. They also provide a few other things, worth checking in to. 

• 1 month ago

You can look on line in your area check various funeral homes...or go vist..

It's a great idea

Emotional spending happens when sad family try to purchase at the last minute.

My mom did that and made payments on 5k for years and arranged for a specific ashes drop...

She was stuck with my grandma's burial and it was a strain financially. 

• 1 month ago

That depends ENTIRELY on the funeral home and the DETAILS of the funeral.

Also note, prearranged is not the same a prepaid. If you make the arrangements in advance, you are still subject to price increases until you actually pay.

• 1 month ago

There is no one fixed price. Depends on the arrangements you make.

• Barry
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Pennies if you are buried in your back garden/yard. In the UK it's legal to bury on private property. I doubt many people are aware of this though!

Lv 7
    1 month ago

Most pre-paid insurance policies range from $10,000 to $25,000.  But it depends on what you want (for example, where you will be buried or cremated).

• Raymond L.
      Lv 4
      4 weeks agoReport

How the heck does this guy get 3 thumbs down, $10,000 to $15,000 is about what it costs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.