In the U.S., is there a safety law that requires bus drivers to wait until passengers are seated before leaving?

If this law exists, I'd like to know what its called.  

My law refers to adult passengers, not students.  

• MS

State laws can regulate this.  City laws probably can too.  But there are no federal laws about this.  In some places it's common for passengers to stand for a bus ride; in other places, it's not allowed.  You can look up such laws online.

• MS

Find your own source for such laws.  I'm not looking around for whatever states or cities might have them. 

• drip

No there isn’t. Plenty of people on public transportation buses are standing for the whole ride.  

I doubt it. In big cities at rush hour, there are often passengers standing in the aisle because there aren't enough seats. There may be a rule like that now for school buses- there certainly wasn't any such law when I was in school! We often stood the whole half hour bus ride. 

In any case, that type of law is usually set by the state, not the federal government. 

• y

School or public system