Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

Can anxiety cause bedwetting?

I’m 26 and a male. I have started a new accounting position at my job, and I just started a school semester which has way more work than I thought. Both of those things had caused me a very stressful day yesterday. I had a dream that I screwed up something major at my job, and In my dream I knew I had all my schoolwork, and I had to pee in the dream. I ended up wetting my pants in the dream and I woke up with a big wet spot on my pants this morning. 

I haven’t wet the bed since I was 8 and I usually have to pee in the morning right when I get up because I drink water before bed. 

Edit: this has only happened once. 

Anxiety is a good cause of bed wetting! When I was about age 10, a thief broken into our home about 3 AM. I saw the Silhouette of the thief reflected on the wall and it moved towards my room. I was frozen with fear and tried to hide beneath the blanket. I kept the blanket over my head until I knew the thief had left our house. I reported this news to my parents, and two days later, I began to wet the bed. I wet the bed about one week, then I recovered. My Mom was glad as she did not have to wash my sheets any longer. To be safe in your new job for a while, buy some adult diapers at any supermarket and wear them at work. You might inquire with Walmart or Target whether rubber sheets like we knew when young are still available.

harrald