RAY asked in HealthOptical · 1 month ago

What does add +2.25 mean on my eye prescription?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

The plus means you need lenses that magnify. This is usually used for people who are nearsighted.  Or people who have presbyopia, from getting old-- which is the same thing.

The2.25, indicates the degree of magnification. This would make you moderately nearsighted. From what I know. Ha e the same thing myself 

It may mean add this to whatever prescription. So you need bifocals.  In other words add to the lower half of lens. But why not ask the person that fills the prescription? That 

• Footprintz
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

You are very confused. You shouldn't be giving advice in this subject.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

That is for reading glasses. If you can see perfect for distance but not good up close, then use the reading glasses when needed. If you have a - number as well then you will need bifocals. Sometimes people will get bifocals to wear all the time even if they don't need them for distance, but they wont have to worry about carrying around reading glasses. You can get bifocals with no prescription for distance and have your close prescription for reading. And really once you are over +2 it is better to go that route anyways.

• 1 month ago

It means that you need some kind of bifocal. They could have lines or not. The power in the bifocal should have the power that you would get by adding 2.25 to the distance prescription for that eye. For example, if your distance correction in one eye is -7.00, the power in the bifocal will be -7.00+2.25=-4.75. If the power at distance is -1.00, the bifocal will be -1.00+2.25=1.25. if it is zero, the power in the bifocal will be +2.25 if it is +5.00, it will be 5.00+2.25=7.25.

• 1 month ago

It means you're quite short sighted.

• Footprintz
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

It doesn't mean that AT ALL.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Bernd
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

“Added” to the full prescription for reading glasses.

• abdul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It means to add that much magnification to your lenses. Here is a short video explaining all those numbers on your eye prescription.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoJRcXPZgB4

Youtube thumbnail

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It means "buy some reading glasses that are +2.25". (I know this from my own history and from the doctor who prescribed me contacts.)

• Footprintz
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

That depends what the rest of the prescription is.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.