Is this how asylum hearings should be handled?  It would sure speed up things.?

IMMIGRATION JUDGE: Next applicant.

IMMIGRATION JUDGE: State your reason for applying for asylum

FOREIGN NATIONAL: I am afraid for my life. My country has gangs, crime, and violence. I am the victim of domestic violence. There is no hope.

IMMIGRATION JUDGE: This is NOT a valid reason for seeking asylum. Application DENIED.

IMMIGRATION JUDGE: Gather your things and your children, follow that agent through that door, and get on the bus waiting outside.

FOREIGN NATIONAL: I am afraid for my life. My country has gangs, crime, and violence. I am the victim of domestic violence. There is no hope.

IMMIGRATION JUDGE: This is NOT a valid reason for seeking asylum. Application DENIED.

IMMIGRATION JUDGE: Gather your things and your children, follow that agent through that door, and get on the bus waiting outside.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Such claims, being invalid on their face, should be denied before having to go to a judge. Screened by immigration at the border or upon interception/arrest, claims which are obviously fraudulent and/or ineligible for asylum should be denied instantly with immediate denial of entry, removal. Only cases which require additional evidence, investigation, and/or adjudication should go to court. 99% of asylum "claims" are bogus & should be denied instantly. Don't waste the court's time.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Personally I don't think 'asylum seekers' should be taking up court time with tax payers paying the costs of that.......... once they apply for asylum if their reasons don't fit the international asylum laws, they need to be prompty refused entry and removed

• 1 month ago

I like this approach better:

FOREIGN NATIONAL: I am afraid........

IMMIGRATION JUDGE: Let me stop you right there.  Do you know how to write algorithms?

FOREIGN NATIONAL: Actually I do.

IMMIGRATION JUDGE:  Welcome to America!

• 1 month ago

Yes, pretty much. Crime in a country isn't a valid reason for asylum.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.