Before I make a trip to the doctor, I have a pain starting from the left hip that goes down my leg past my knee to the bottom of my foot.?

Favorite Answer

It's either sciatica or trouble with your IT band.  The IT band is that ligament that runs pretty much down the outside of your leg, to the knee, and into the lower leg.  If you sit at a desk for days on end, it will shorten that ligament.  You can do exercises to stretch it out.  There are some available on the internet.  The same goes for trouble with your sciatic nerve.  You probably pinched it, doing some twisting movement.  Ice might help, along with stretching exercises.  Do a little internet research on the subject.

It could be the sciatic nerve. But do you really want medical advice from a retired mailman?

do u have a male dog???????????

• L1 month agoReport

no

Ok great to know thanks for sharing

• y

Inside, outside, front or back? Makes a difference as to what it is. sciatica is the most common, but usually starts in the back or butt

Inside? I'm sorry, the lower back could be sciatica but that goes outside. I have on the right side, down the inside, right testicle, lower right abbs, 15 years now. Have been told it's from this or that, told it is impossible for you to have pain like that, still do not have any answers. I have shots in the hip, back every couple of years, they used to help, this last year they did not. So the search for the cause has started all over again, good luck.

• L1 month agoReport

On the inside of the leg. Lower back has been in pain as well.