What are the indications a trans person experiences to make them  realise they are are trans (for those who don’t experience dysphoria)?

Honest question, I’m genuinely curious as I do a bit of online activism. I like to understand my transgender friends as much as I can.

You can't be transgender without Gender Dysphoria. GD is what causes someone to be transgender by making them in content with their birth sex. If someone says they are transgender without GD, they're called a transtrender. Someone who thinks being trans is a cool trend. A person like this is not a real transgender/transsexual person.

Source(s): Transgender person who's been out of the closet since age 12.

You cannot genuinely be transgender without the presence of gender dysphoria. Claiming or believing oneself is transgender without such could be the result of past traumas and repression being difficult to identify, thus leading them to believe that they are transgender. If they feel a detachment from their body or sex, it is most likely due to something else. They could also be suffering from body dysmorphia. "Trans" people without gender dysphoria usually use being transgender as a coping mechanism for whatever underlying issues exist. 

Source(s): I'm a trans guy & have researched and witnessed cases like these

"Online activism."

Please don't. Especially about things you aren't. I know you mean well but you have no f#cking idea what you're talking about or the unintended consequences of speaking for others.

• 1 month agoReport

If someone wanted to be level seven, you can get there in a few weeks. It really isn't that hard. Fake Nerdy is the one who is looking to be an "internet activist"

Although I don't know the answer, I do like the question.

Just spit-balling, here - Wouldn't they feel a sense of belonging or proper-ness when in the company of their own gender, doing gender-typical things?  Wouldn't that whatever you want to call it...that contentment, or that this-is-how-it's-supposed-to-be feeling be an indication to them of what their gender actually is?  I can't say I know for sure whether there IS such a thing as a transgender person who doesn't experience gender dysphoria.

I suppose you'll have to wait for someone with first-hand experience to definitively answer this.

I'll try to answer this to the best of my ability: usually, non-dysphoric trans people describe something called gender euphoria, the excítement and happiness they get when, for example, somebody uses the right pronoun, they use a binder, they get hormones e.tc.

Some non-dysphoric trans people (although it's debatable if this can be called non-dysphoric) experience a general discomfort and a sense of "something's wrong" with their sex. While not debilitating or too much of an obstacle in their day-to-day, it's noticeable enough.