Can my mom submit my high school transcripts to colleges?

I am home schooled, but really I have been taking community college courses. I was in a high school for two years though, and have an official transcript from them as well. Can my mom, as my "counselor" submit my HS transcript along with my home school one to colleges, or does the actual school have to do that?

4 Answers

  • di
    Lv 4
    11 months ago

    That would depend upon the home-schooling laws and regulations for the state you live in.  In the state I live in, homeschoolers have a coordinating teacher at the local public school.  The coordinating teacher reviews the student's curriculum and progress at least annually and enters the results into the school-based transcript record... so a homeschooled student in MY state would have the local school system send the official transcript.  Your mom should be aware of the regulations and process in YOUR state.

  • MS
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

    Transcripts have to come directly from the school.  So your transcripts from your time at high school will have to come from the high school; your mom can only maybe send your homeschool transcripts, and even that depends on how things work in your district or state.

  • 11 months ago

    The transcripts have to come from the school. Your mom will send in your homeschool transcript, but you need to contact your former high school for them to send in their transcript. 

  • k w
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

    just ask her for the documentation, and send it yourself, or they'll think you are pulling something on them, and have what ever schooling you had send their as well, add a cover sheet to explain your schooling......

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.