Do you clean your breakroom even if your coworkers are slobs?

I try to be the good coworker and clean even though it's a pig pen. Dirty dishes, crumbs everywhere, I even found socks on a chair lol!!

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

I used to work at Target and people would leave their trash all over the tables in the lunch room. I would just shove it on the floor if I wanted to use the table. People are freakin' rude. I am not your maid, mom or slave. Soon after that, staff would clean the lunch room more regularly. I didn't care if my actuins would get me fired, which they didn't. Working at Target is one of the worst jobs anyone can have

• Login to reply the answers
  • Jerry
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

I my boss was OK with me spending time on cleaning up the break room instead of working on my regularly assigned tasks, sure I'd be OK with being the person doing the break room clean up. If my boss was expecting me to somehow do the clean up task without getting less done on something else, then I'd have to ignore the break room mess. And that's exactly what I did on one job, bring a lunch that didn't need refrigeration and eat it outside the office rather than in the break room. 

• 1 month ago

I knew a friend with the same situation. So she ended up taking the mess and putting it on people's desks or floor in their offices.  She did it once and after that they were much better picking up after themselves.

• Shark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Welcome to the world - get used to it . Talk to the Boss .

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I don't.  I clean up my own stuff and leave theirs.  You clean up after them one time and you will be doing it from then on.

• 1 month ago

Remember you are not their mother

I wouldn't touch it

I wouldn't use break room

• 1 month ago

Only if I'm getting paid. That's not my job and they are classified as "adults".

If certain coworkers are creating a cleanliness issue. I would speak to the supervisor. It is his/her responsibility to address these issues.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I clean up after myself . 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I don't use my work's break room......because my colleagues are slobs. Lol

Not found a sock yet though.

• 1 month ago

Yes. While I do not clean it all, I just about always clean up a lot more of the mess than what I personally create. That just seems to be the right thing to do.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.