Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 1 month ago

Is this my fault my mom got ovarian cancer?

Because she gave borth to me she got it?

• Edna

Pregnancy and childbirth do NOT cause ovarian cancer. A woman who has NEVER been pregnant or given birth can develop ovarian cancer. 

• Liz

No it is not. You have a higher risk of ovarian if you have never been pregnant. This isn’t your fault.

• Mandy

What is “borth”?

It’s amazing how quickly your reality can shift. It was like,

"Okay, this is happening—now we deal with it."

Many moments were tough. My mom was so incredibly strong-willed, so seeing her scared, sad,

or in pain was difficult. No matter what your relationship is with your parents,

it always feels like they’re stronger than you are. Cancer made us switch those roles.

"My mom had stage IV cancer and only a 10 to 20 percent of living to see the next five years."

My family and I were all aware that this was hardest on my mother, so we just tried to be strong,

positive, and keep it together for her. I remember crying a lot on my own

or with my siblings but never in front of my mom. This was a rule we kept right until the end.