How do I get my roommates to stop believing in ghosts?

My roommates still believe in ghosts and think our apartment is haunted. Normally I wouldn’t care but if I ever have someone over they will talk about “the ghosts” as if they are real, seeing them, etc. It’s embarrassing, really. I’ve tried telling them to not talk about ghost stuff if I have people over but they say that people need to know about them or else they’ll make them angry accidentally, so I need to convince them there’s no such thing as ghosts or spirits or demons or whatever. 

Also I don’t think they’re just pretending so they can annoy me. Once they got too high and texted me at work to leave and help protect them from the ghosts. 

• 1 day ago

I think it is not any of your business what people talk about.

• Jesere

Ghosts are real, I have seen ghosts and Spirits. I lived in 2 places with resident ghosts. I know many people who have seen them to.

• Pontus

#1 life lesson: You can't control or change others.  You can only control yourself. 

#2. Embarrassment is a useless emotion.  Don't give in to it.   Especially in this case, because you can't change your roommate.

However, if there's anything your roommate claims that you can disprove by finding the true clause, that MAY help.  Often though, believers will discount any evidence and still stick to their beliefs.   

In this post, though, it seems it's mostly visions your roommate claims.  Those are harder to disprove.  However, if more than one person has the exact same vision, there is likely a provable cause (optical illusion, etc). 

It sounds like your roommate is mentally ill. 

Source(s): 50 years old.

You don't.  Thank you for asking, glad I could help.

And no you don't need to convince them of anything, because you can't.  What are you going to do... tell them you've never seen a ghost and expect them to accept your personal experience as a proven scientific fact?  And if that's your plan, what's your backup plan?  Because seriously, you're going to need a backup plan.

In order to truly convince your roommate, or anyone else, you'll need to present solid evidence that you're right.  And you can't do that, because nobody can.  

• Satan

The best thing for you to do, is get a few of your friends together, perhaps a dog too, and catch the ghost

Your friend can then see that when you unmask them, that they're Old Man Swanson who owns the Amusement partk

Some people can see and some dont.   it is not believing but rather seeing.  

A Person can only control their only action but not others.   So when you see something weird, just think or tell someone that you are wasted.....