Did my ears blowout?

So I sized up recently (too fast without a doubt) from 6g to 4g and my ear is super sore. After to days I went to switch put my tapers to plugs and they bled a little. Right noe they're super sore. A put peroxide on them and cleaned them to my best ability. I don't see any type of skin coming out of the back and there's no puss. The peroxide bubbled a bit but that was to be expected. I also changed to some spirals yesterday in the shower to see if they'd alloe me to sleep a little easier than tapers stabbing me but I think it did more harm than good. I'm just curious if had a blowout and if I need to size down if it can heal with my plugs in? (The image below is all the blood that came out so if you're sensitive to the smallest bits of blood try not to look)

• Laura

Any amount of pain or resistance is a sign that you need to wait to size up. 

If you have blood you have a blowout.  Your ear is bleeding.  You have a blowout.

You are not stretching properly.  You should never need tapers or lube to size up.  You need to wait a minimum of 6 weeks before trying to size up again to let the inside of the ear heal. 

Right now you need to remove the jewelry and let your ears heal.  Not just size down, but go without jewelry completely.  You need to let the open wounds inside the piercing hole close, and that can't happen if you have jewelry in.  You need to do sea salt soaks twice a day and use something like bio oil to massage the lobes to help prevent scar tissue from building up.  You should be safe to try to put in jewelry after a week of caring for the wounds on your ear lobes.  When you try to reinsert new jewelry, the largest size you should try is a size down from your most recent stretch, so a 6g.  Stay at this 6g for at least 2 months to allow the scar tissue in the ear to start forming, and then size up to a 4g without tapers or lube.  Your ears should be loose enough to accept the new jewelry.  If they are not then you are not ready to size up. 

Ear blowout is a reaction to trauma from stretching, and it’s usually caused by stretching too fast.

If you are:

Skipping sizes, like stretching directly from 12g to 8g

Not waiting long enough between stretches

then you are putting your ears at risk for blowout!

• Laura
      1 month agoReport

Using tapers and lube will increase the risks for a blowout too.