Had a dream about a friend I saw at the bar a couple weeks ago. It's kinda perplexing. ?

In the dream we were sitting at a bar and being merry almost romantic with each other and we ended up trading scissors with each other as odd as it sounds. Later on, we then leave to go to a house party and we both go inside and sooner or later she leaves to go chat outside in a parking lot. I get word that the cops have come and arrested every one in the parking lot and I feel a sense of worry and go outside to look for her only to find a cup with the pair of scissors in the cup. Worried more I start looking all around the house and property until I finally wake up. But, why scissors? Why cops? What are your two cents?

IMHO I think the trading of the scissors is symbolic of how you both acknowledge a need to but cut ties between you (break up) but seeing each other at the party being playful, if not romantic, as your desire to continue "a" relationship with her.  The police involvement is symbolic of an authority figure involved in your lives that prohibits that friendly relationship to exist.  And the scissors left behind is an illustration that you need to use them to cut ties more than anyone.  

"Cutting the ties that bind" springs to mind.  You were looking for a great date with this woman but fate interfered and left you behind! And  the scissors left behind are a reminder of the fun your enjoyed with her at the bar. 

It seems to be the story of a sexual relationship that didn't take place.

The cops of your mind make sure that only symbols were used. I let you imagine what could represent scissors and cup.

The scissors could also have another usage, they can "cut" the relation.

The friend in the dream could be only there as a symbol. It doesn't mean you want to have sex with this friend.