Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingToddler & Preschooler · 1 month ago

Is it natural scene that girls pee outside in US?

Hello. I don't live in US, just traveler. Yesterday, I saw a mother let her daughter pee by the roadside in New York. I was so surprised at the scene, because in my country no one lets children (especially girls) pee outside. Is this the natural scene in US?

Only the homeless do this and the stupid cities allow it.  Those, who live in apartments, etc. pee inside.

• Trisha

If they are homeless and don't have a place to stay.

If the child really had to use the bathroom and she couldn't wait until the mother could find a gas station/coffee shop, then of course she would use the road-side! Like guys, girls can and will urinate outside IF there is no bathroom in sight, it's common sense!

• GB

You don't  give an indication of the daughter's age.  If she looked like a pre-school child, she  might not have been able to wait until they got to a toilet. What I can't understand is why you think it's less appropriate for girls than boys?

Source(s): w

If you are on the road and there is no rest stop close by, sometimes you just gotta pee.  Better than going in your pants and being wet for the trip.

In Hawaii, there are mountains with no businesses or anything to stop at sometimes so you kinda have to just do it on the mountain if you need to go that bad. 

I wouldn't say it is a common thing, but when you are on a road trip with a small kid, and that kid says they gotta go RIGHT THEN, you make do with what you have.

• PR

No. 

Children are taken to public restrooms such as at gas stations or stores, if not at home. Of course, if a child has consumed a lot of liquid and suddenly needs to go, there may not be a restroom for many miles. In that case a parent may be in an "emergency" and find a spot such as this, but NOT IN PLAIN VIEW. That is not appropriate and not a common occurrence.  There are almost always public restrooms within a reasonable distance.

Some children may refuse to use public restrooms. The mother in this case must have faced a sudden situation and didn't want urine all over the car seat. She should have shielded the child so no one could see.

when I'm drunk I piss in bushes sometimes. so to answer ur question, yes, Americans piss wherever

• PR
      1 month agoReport

Maybe drunks do this. But, they are not using their full brain!