Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

If Trump is most likely going to be removed, why can’t he just resign?

Nixon did.  Lev Parnas gave some big evidence on Trump to Rachel Maddow tonight.  Mike Pence maybe in danger too.  Trump can get out of this if he resigns.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I think he's very  unlikely to be removed by a Republican senate.  Most Republican senators don't care what he did, just as his fans don't care.  I was surprised that McConnell couldn't get enough votes to prevent testimony. So apparently there will be some kind of trial rather than just to dismiss the whole thing.

From the start, I don't think the Democrats' goal was to get Trump thrown out of office.  I think the idea was to bring to light what Trump had done--which I think they've done pretty well--and let voters know about it going into the 2020 election.

Trump is wanted for certain crimes in NY State.  If he wins a second term, the statute of limitations will run out because, apparently, the president can't be indicted or arrested.  So if he doesn't win re-election, he might well spend the rest of his life in prison anyway.  I'll settle for that.

• susan
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

1. Nixon resigned to avoid being impeached. It's already too late for that. Trump was impeached, and nothing that happens in the Senate can undo that. The Senate will listen to all of the specific behaviors that Trump is being charged with, and they still might decide that none of it is unusual or bad enough to remove a sitting President from office. You are sure Trump will be removed, but we don't know that until it happens.

2. Nixon and Trump are two completely different people, with two completely different personalities. Nixon humbled himself and resigned, because he believed that it would be bad for the nation to go through the experience of seeing the President put on trial. It's not in Trump's nature to back down from a conflict, if he perceives the other side as the instigator, which he does. Also, an impeachment trial itself doesn't seem so unbearable, because Trump is old enough to remember when Clinton was impeached, and the nation survived that, and actually got over it in a surprisingly short time.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Lets tak about that question on 03/01/2020, Here is the answer Acquittal

• Because he enjoys screwing people over

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Evidence was NEVER the issue.  Both parties had access to the same evidence.  Whether these recording existed was never in question.  The issue is one of interpretation.  Democrats say the recordings and Trump's actions prove an abuse of power, and Republicans say it all points to desperation on the part of Democrats.

If President Trump had done something obvious then the matter would go differently, but as it stands, the Dems are looking to remove him on their gut feelings.  So even if the Republicans were willing to play ball, things would still not go their way.

• ...Show all comments
    • I think it's more an issue of how Mr. Trump went about it, and his timing on the matter.  But I do agree fully that Biden is shifty and the Dems would be foolish to support him.  He's basically another Hillary.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

True, and after that new evidence, it is clear that both Trump and Pence are part of the corruption and should resign, but the RNC would not allow that, because the third in line to the presidency is the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi. I would love to see that happen, and by rights it should happen, but ain't gonna.

• ...Show all comments
    • Edna1 month agoReport

Might as well make Nancy Pelosi President.  No wonder she was so giggly today. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Notice Democrats never have any proof or evidence? Ever.

• There's a tonne of evidence.  The issue was more one of interpretation, as well as whether the act constituted an abuse of power.

• 1 month ago

Bill Clinton was accused of 11 felonies by a special prosecutor, and was acquitted. President Trump is being accused of zero felonies by Fat Jerry, and leaky Adam Schitt.

• 1 month ago

He will get re elected. And the Liberals yelling again at the Sky priceless!

Attachment image
  • 1 month ago

Yea, why can't Democrats just get what they want, if they whine hard enough?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.