Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 1 month ago

Legally places I can practice driving without a license ?

Driving school is to expensive. I would rather borrow a car and practice on my own. 

I learned how in an industrial area on the weekend when there was little traffic and had the place to our self   

empty parking lots, the desert, etc

• zipper

Unless you have a farm there is no such place that you can drive with out someone in the vehicle over 21 with a license, in some states it is 25.  Your out of luck! Learn to walk.

Legally, you only need a valid licence (or permit) to drive on public roads.  There are lots of places that are not public roads.

NOTE:  Also legally, no auto insurance policy anywhere in the world will cover an accident if the driver does not hold a valid licence.  Even on private property.  If you're borrowing a vehicle, that's something the owner needs to know.

You can drive on any private property. Church or school parking lot, shopping center, private driveways

• Bort

Any private property such as a long driveway, empty parking lots, training grounds you might have access to. I learned to drive at a state fire school grounds facility because my dad had access to it because he's a state fire, EMS, and rescue instructor.

Any private property does not require a license to drive in in the US.

• May

All you need is a "learners permit" from your DMV.  That will allow you to drive anywhere to practice

Parking lots at the mall. Pretend each lane is a street. Remember to use your signals. Off road with an ATV.

Nowhere that involves a public road.

your cousin's farm

• M.
      1 month agoReport

Exactly