After supersizing disappeared, why did McDonald's focus on shrinking their food while jacking up prices?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

"The driving force here was menu simplification," spokesman Walt Riker said after McDonald's disclosed the change in strategy in a brief statement late Tuesday. "The fact of the matter is not very many Supersize fries are sold."

It's more proof that such companies are doing all sorts of shady things to increase profits, and that increasing wages are not hurting their bottom line.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

It is to make you think you are getting a more health- conscience version of their poison, and most people do not notice the cost as they balance it with the fact that they think they are eating better.

• 1 month ago

Lets see....   they serve you smaller portions and charge you more.  And you pay.  Then you ask why?  DOH!!

• sian
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

To try to stop people eating their rubbish.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They did that to make more money, simple, huh

• 1 month ago

It is called profit!

• 1 month ago

To maximize profits.

• 1 month ago

To increase profits?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The McDonald's over by where I live is run mainly by people that don't speak English, or are severely limited in their English skills, and don't ever pull up their pants while in the meantime showcasing their skiddy underpants. Also, the attitude of a few of those staff members is completely and utterly disgraceful. On top of that, they charge phantom sums for patrons requesting certain sauces to go with their meal. 

If that isn't bad enough, the thing that sealed the deal for me was the fact that I found a Mexican's eyelash on my Premium Grilled Chicken Bacon Clubhouse Sandwich.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because the owner wants a new fleet of yachts 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.