Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Despite Lev Parnas interview on Maddow, my Dad said the Senate still won’t convict Trump.  How can I convince him he’s lying?

We made a bet: I said Trump would be convicted and he said no.  I told him the interview with Lev Parnas on Maddow says that Trump is indeed going to be convicted. It proves that he was aware of crimes.

• Ken S
    Favorite Answer

Don't you understand? You can shoot someone on 5th ave. go to court and get acquitted if you can hand pick the jury and have control over them

• Sally

Your dad is probably right, sadly. The Republicans in the Senate are willing to go down with the Trump ship and not hold him accountable because they are scared of his voters and his tweets.

You need 22 of 54 Republicans if no Democrats turn and you already have 2 saying they probably will. So far, you have zero. In fact nearly all of them are pissed they even have this happening.

You might as well pay up now.

Just wait and see how they try and spin this.

If nothing else it will be amusing to watch. 

So you expect me to believe that Rachel Maddow has finally got her "Ah Ha" moment? lol

Joe Biden is not immune to being investigated just because he hopes to be a candidate for President in November.  His son is certainly not immune to being investigated. 

• ?

Hes not lying. He honestly believes what he said. You'll just have to wait for the trial to see who's right. It would be surprising if Trump was convicted though. Even with clear evidence, its still down to a 2/3rds majority vote in a republican lead senate.