What's the worst that can happen? ?

I recently got my ears pierced two weeks ago (my second hole, if that is relevant). The studs used started to cut into my ears and move backwards, creating a bigger hole than I want. I replaced the original studs with some bigger ones I had laying around. They are not real. I know it is advice to not replace the earrings until four weeks after getting the new pierce, but I do not want my ear to heal with big holes. Are the fake studs ok? What's the worse that can happen? 

I called the piercer and he said as long as I'm not allergic to costume jewelry I'm fine. 

• Laura
    Favorite Answer

The worst that can happen is that you end up with an infection and have to have serious medical treatment because of it.

What will most likely happen is that the piercings will take double the time to heal, they will be constantly irritated, and you will have a large amount of scar tissue inside the lobe.  This is because you changed them, not your piercer, and you changed them to a ow quality metal. 

Next time have your piercer change the jewelry for you.  There is a reason you went to them in the first place, you should have gone back to them. 

All you can do now is care for them properly with sea salt soaks and give your body the time it needs to heal.  These piercings take 6 - 8 weeks to fully heal, so you need to care for these piercings for at least 8 weeks to give your body the time it needs to heal these piercings. 

You could be struck by a stray meteorite

or contract an incurable disease and die a horrible, lingering death.

not sure but i would go to the place that did it and ask them to fix all this

• Rick B

another amazing answer from Pearl

• Rick B

Why wouldn't you return to the piercer and ask them what to do???????