Carlos asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Is autism brain damage?

I'm 16 and i have a mild form of autism and i consider it to be brain damage, If you don't know what autism is, autism is a brain disorder that ruins people's social skills and their ability to get a girlfriend/boyfriend! Because of this, People with this brain problem often get depressed and some commit suicide! And i honestly hate having this piece of **** disorder, i'm so sick of other people with autism calling this sh*t a gift and that there shouldn't be a cure! ARE YOU SERIOUS. how does having no social skills and a horrible lonely life ever be considered a gift? That's Like saying cancer is a gift! The reason why some people consider autism brain damage is because it damages the neurons and other parts of the brain, that's why we are not good at socializing like normal people are! So whoever says having autism is a gift can go **** themselves, i just had to get this off my chest.

Favorite Answer

And that's why many guys with autism/aspergers become rapists and derive pleasure from others' pain and suffering.

• Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

This is completely incorrect, as any psychologist will tell you. Do some real research, why don't you.

As a person with autism, I understand this. I've been told it's a gift but honestly, it's both a blessing and a curse. There are a lot of negative parts of autism, and there are a lot of positive parts. I was the laughing stock of my school until I moved. I eventually got help for my social skills. Don't listen to the people who say it is the worst thing in the world and that people with autism shouldn't exist. It's no ones fault they have autism. They simply just need to learn social skills.

No for an easy 2, Alex

Source(s): nurse

Not everyone who has autism is gifted. I have only seen a small amount of people who are gifted that have autism. You were not born gifted, or have the potential to become gifted.

I am not saying having autism is a gift. I believe you are a negative person. You are looking at all the negative parts of having autism, but you are not looking at anything that's positive about having autism, and that's a shame.

Perhaps you might think there is nothing positive about having autism. I disagree!

There is nothing else that I can say to you at this point.

depends on the situation, theyre all different, i think i could have aspergers myself

It's not brain damage, it's the brain being wired differently. I have Aspergers which is a form of Autism, but I've never seen it as a gift. Sometimes it's good because I don't get distracted by the emotional problems that others suffer from, which means I can concentrate on things better than most, but the bad certainly outweighs the good. I tend to have people accusing me of not being interested or not caring, when I just can't express it properly. Noise is a big thing for me, certain pitches are painful to my ears

• Carlos1 month agoReport

Autism is brain damage because it affects other parts of the brain and it damages your neurons, so i totally disagree with you

• Kelley

Deaf and dumb spirit I take command over you in the mighty name of Jesus Christ! I bind you now in the name of Jesus! I command you to leave this person now in the name of Jesus! Be cast into Hell now in the name of Jesus! Return no more to this person in the name of Jesus! I ask you Jesus to heal and restore everything that was stolen and broken by the deaf and dumb spirit attacking this person. Father God please heal this person. Please give them a new brain and complete joy God. Be healed in Jesus' mighty name. Thank you Father God. Amen.

I agree with you. The people who have it my be gifts, but the condition itself is NOT a gift.

One could argue autism is more of a genetic disorder as it is inherited from your parent's genes (with a shocking 80% likelihood that you could pass it down so consider adoption)

overcompensate for your weakness, for example work in an environment that forces lots of social interaction esp with the opposite sex 

Its only a gift if one part of your brain gets a boost, you get plenty of autards with an average or below IQ they are just r tards not gifted 

Source(s): its meant to be one part boosted one part (social) sacrificed in a significant enough way to be considered a backhanded gift from God, I dont think im even autistic im just an internet enthusiast thats taken on the role of an autard. I used to be normal and indistinguishably normal, its my abnormal lfie style that makes me look retarded and my anxxiety that gives me blank face