Worth visiting LA for a day from Las Vegas?

I’m visiting the US for the first time in March (specifically Las Vegas) for 5nights/6days is it worth making a return flight to LA for a day trip? during this time. - E.g. is a day enough time to enjoy the city? What should I do in just 1 day? Getting back to LAX too difficult? 

It’ll be great to see another US city during my time but unsure if it’s recommended. Any input is much appreciated. Many thanks. 

most of your time will be in the car sitting in los angeles traffic.... not the best idea. you are already wasting 8 hours in the car there and back (+ any traffic which could take 1 hour more each time) that leaves you with like 14-15 hours. (ALSO, FLIGHTS WILL TAKE THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME. although a short distance in the air, you also have the lengthy process of even getting on the plane) and whatever time you have to sleep! so 6 hours total in LA probably. what ever will you do in that short amount of time? (also take in account how much time it will take to get from place to place wherever you are going to visit)

• MS

I don't think I'd try it unless I could get a REALLY early flight out there and a REALLY late flight back.  Even then, you'll be a bit limited in terms of what you can fit in.  If you decide to try it, make a good plan of the things you most want to see in LA and figure out how to best maximize your time.  LA is a big area and you might find that your sights of primary interest are actually quite far apart.  

With all of the construction going on at LAX, a day should be enough time to get out of the airport and get back in, but it might not be enough time to get out of the airport, get from the airport to the center of the city, see anything, get back to the airport, get through security, and board your flight. So unless you really just want to see the airport itself, you should plan to stay overnight.

Only YOU can place a value on going to a huge city to explore for a FEW hours.

You can check it off your list of places to visit if you want.

For the time you have your view will not be much different than watching a travel video. You will be spending most of time getting to and from the Airports and waiting in line for security checks about 6 hours out of your day.

Only you can place a value on the few hours left over to explore one or two places for a few minutes each.

It can be done but is not really worth the effort for most. The small amount of time you would have to actually explore outside of the Airport .allows you maybe an hour  or two at one or two places of interest. You could easily spend an hour in traffic to and from the Airport to your selected place of tourist curiosity. Your special places could be close to each other or time wise very far apart. Suggest you check out some travel time for WALKING.

Consider a flight to Burbank Airport may give you little more time to see something.

• Bill B

Here is something to consider:  It is about a four hour drive from Las Vegas to Los Angeles and it's about a 65 minute flight.  Taking into account getting through security and other potential flight issues, you're probably better off driving. 

However, having said that, there is much more to see and do in Los Angeles than one day permits.  Can you extend your stay and arrange your flight into Las Vegas and out of Los Angeles? 

Personally, I'm not much into the the glitz of LA and showbiz but I live in the USA; if you've never been, you probably want to check it out. 

• Eastside Guz
      1 month agoReport

I agree with Bill B and Barkley Hound. You would really be stretching it to visit for just one day around Los Angeles (not to mention Orange County) to see the important sights you wish to see 

I'd say pass. Instead, use that $$$ at Exotics Racing, and do five laps in a Ferrari or Lambo! :-)

A day is not enough to see the city.