Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 2 months ago

Why do people still think it's high school?

I had graduated high school close to 5 years ago and moved on with my life. I had graduated from college recently and am starting a professional career. I am no longer a 15-year-old freshman in high school who is concerned about such childless menial things. It would seem like most people at this point would have moved on from the mindset of high school, but apparently quite a few have not. I have ran into a lot of people from high school from being back in the area, and they treat you like your still that little freshman or sophomore in school. I'm an adult and don't care about those things anymore like class periods, and all the drama of high school. They want act like they know you when you were never close to them and bring back all the problems of the past. IT IS YEARS LATER GROW THE HELL UP! NO ONE CARES ABOUT THIS STUFF ANYMORE. I don't know why everyone wants to relive something that they can't take back.

Because for some of us, Joe, high school leaves scars that last a lifetime. I speak from experience. And even when it doesn't, high school is still the most unnatural, artificial experience that any American kid ever goes through, so it stands to reason that most people remember it their entire lives.

And there are those for whom high school never really ends, no matter how far we travel in life. I'm also in that category, at least to some extent. I was lucky to make it to adulthood alive, and with my sanity relatively intact- that was how severe the abuse I endured was. Just because YOU no longer care about what happened during those years doesn't mean everyone else is in the same boat with you.

If you don't want to think about high school, then don't.

• Mamie

What is your question?  

• Lv 6

" Why do people still think it's high school ? "  It was the very first sentence.