If I fail the second quarter of the first semester and the first semester itself, of 8th grade will I be able to pass?

I’m not exactly sure how to phrase the question, but for 8th grade English, I failed the second quarter and the overall first semester. Will I be held back a year or need to attend summer school? I really need this question answered. Please and thank you.

I would talk to your teacher and ask if there's any work you can make up or any extra credit you can do to pull your grade up. You still have the rest of the year to fix it before you fail the course. If you fail the course, you'll just have to go to summer school. You aren't held back for only failing 1 class, it has to be multiple classes where it's impossible to make up them all over summer school.

I wouldn't entirely give up at this point. If you do your absolute best and pass the 2nd half of the year you'll still be able to get a credit for the course. It'll be hard work but you're probably capable of it. Seek extra help if necessary. You can do it, good luck

• Brian

You might think about asking someone at your school.